This morning I woke up at 8 am unable to fall back asleep. After a half hour of trying to lie very still and not wake Jeremy I decided to head out to the living room and start my day. Unfortunately, Jeremy's sleep did not last much longer once I reached the living room, opened the blinds to let sunlight in, and met my eyes upon tiny white dots floating in the air. At first I thought they may be tiny bugs, but as they began to fall more thickly I realized- It is Snowing in Early October!!! To be fair, I had heard that it may snow this Sunday, but it didn't seem real until that moment. After running to the bedroom to open up the blinds and show Jeremy what I'd found I spent the rest of the morning staring out the window in amazement. We called my parents, Jeremy's parents, and Caity to let them know the news. As I sat on the couch the words "I can't believe it is snowing" came out of my mouth almost every thirty minutes. I started to feel the warm and fuzzy Christmassy feeling and Jeremy reminded me that it is still a few months away. A lot of the trees around here are still green and almost all still have their leaves, but we have snow.
After a few hours of enjoyment I began to realize that my winter clothes are still down in the garage. "Jeremy, I don't even have my snow boots out." I do not need my snow boots YET Jeremy(while trying not to laugh) told me, today a pair of tennis shoes will work just fine. If this were Texas at any time of the year and it was sprinkling snowflakes we would be outside in snow boots, a ski coat, scarf, hat, and gloves playing in the snow. I think the Real Iowans know that there is plenty more to come and inches more around the corner to play in. The pretty snow disappeared this afternoon and it is probably a good thing for Jeremy who is headed to the Hawkeye football game tonight! I am staying home and packing up my tees and shorts. Hello sweaters, coats, and boots :). We will be seeing more of each other this year. What an adventure!
Yours from the land of snow & corn,
Leanne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment