I've been looking forward to my first big snow living in Iowa and it has finally arrived! It began Sunday evening and picked up today accumulating around 4 inches. The weatherman is calling for 7 inches of new accumulation tonight!
Snow doesn't slow Iowans down like it does in Texas and even compared to Maryland. Life carries on, cars plow down the roads, people go to work as if nothing is the matter. Most schools went for a half day today even though the ground was covered in the a.m. with snow still falling. Jeremy wisely decided to stay in our warm apartment and spend the day studying in his office. Knowing it would be nearly impossible to talk him into building a snowman or sledding with me the day before a test, I was siked to have a day of babysitting on the calendar. I knew they would be up for the task!
Our day was spent sledding, making snow angels (mine was a lot bigger than I remember it), building Frosty, and plowing around in the enormous fluff. Exhaustion was a familiar feeling that set in once we were chilled to the bone and ready for a warm break inside... and hunger! Speaking of exhaustion and hunger, there's nothing I want more right now than a hot meal, warm shower, and my bed.
Early goodnight from the land of snow and corn,
Leanne
0 comments:
Post a Comment