Into the Land of Corn

on Monday, June 8, 2009


26 DAYS INTO my IOWA stay :)

I often find myself yearning for days back at the TCU pool, babysitting my favorites, worshiping at CF, and going out for Tex-Mex! Some mornings I wake up in a haze thinking- I really need to go visit so and so, why have I not seen them for weeks? And then I realize that I am 700 miles north, but there are definitely perks to being in the land of corn:

1. Jeremy is here! Only 70 miles away right now and I get to spend every weekend with him! Small town Atlantic, IA is lucky enough to have him working in their hospital for 6 weeks. He has gotten to stitch, staple, and see a lot medicine in practice- especially obstetrics.

2. The Bradys. I am so blessed to be staying with Jeremy's family for 8 weeks- they are wonderful! Chris (17), Megan (15), Brooke (14 this past week), Seth (12), and Grace (10) are here. The girls feel like they've been my sisters since birth :). I wish everyone was this easy to love!

3. No more roaches. Woohoo! The one thing I was looking forward to leaving behind. At this point I would like to say thank you to my Texas Native Roach Killing Roommates of the past.

4. Family- it is so nice to be around soon-to-be family! I am especially looking forward to the 4th of July get together at Jeremy's grandparents. I fell in love more with Jeremy when he first brought me home and I got to see him amidst his big family- with all the kids, aunts, uncles, parents, and grandparents it is a ball!

Here are some highlights of my trip so far:
1. Going to see our first home (condo) in North Liberty with Jeremy and my mom :)
2. Celebrating Grandma & Grandpa Salts 50th Anniversary in Rolla, Missouri! Meeting most of the family I haven't yet and playing a big game of Peanuts.
3. Tasting our wedding wine and sharing laughs with Grandma & Grandpa Brady
4. My first Cardinal game ( Bradys are BIG Cardinal/Baseball/Softball/Sport of the Season Fans so this was sort of a rite of passage for me)
5. Rock Band contest on Wii with all the kids not studying for finals
6. Brooke's Napoleon Dynamite dance in the talent show on her birthday
7. Watching Megan pitch her first JV Softball Game- she is a rockstar!
8. Hearing our friends back in Texas are expecting another baby! So excited for them even if we don't get to babysit this time around.
9. The 1 Pool Day we've had so far. WONDERFUL
10. Running- I never thought I could do it before, so it feels awesome every little bit farther I go
11. Wedding Planning- down to the fun last minute details: decorations, seating, picking out a wedding band for J. Oh so exciting!
12. Talking to Emery on the phone this past week and hearing Ivy at the other end. I have been blessed to see her growing into the sweetest little girl!


Yesterdays sermon was on worship- worshipping him by receiving the gifts he has lavished on us as his children and in everything we do. Thank you God for all the gifts you have lavished on me- love, family, laughter, and the beauty all around! Thank you for Iowa, Texas, and Maryland!

Sincerely Yours From the Land of Corn,
Leanne

1 comments:

Brooke Bee said...

Dear Leanne,
I am so honored to be mentioned more than once :)
It's been a blast having you here and i am looking forward to the rest of your stay! More pool days, runs to hy-vee, and eating your ritz crackers will be a blast!!!!
I am speaking for all the sister's in the Brady family in saying it feels like you are our 5th sister (even past the red hair!)
Oh and thanks for cooking our food Alice, you're the BEST!!!
Love.Love.Love (X100000000000000000)
-Brookie Bee

Post a Comment