Iowa to Maryland to Mexico!

on Sunday, July 12, 2009



My summer in West Des Moines quickly came to an end this past week. It is amazing how fast this summer has flown by- can you believe it's already July 12th!!? Though I boarded the plane alone this week I know that it is almost the end to Jeremy and I's long stretches apart and I could not be happier about that! Only 20 days left on the countdown. WOW wow WOW!

Since Wednesday I have been to the florist, vineyard, caterer, and tailor and if you have heard about my last fitting you'll be happy to know that the dress is no longer two inches off the floor and an inch too tight! It was a relief to see the dress as it should be and remember why I picked it out in the first place. I have my mom to thank for all her prayers over something that seems so silly- which reminds me of Psalm 138 and some sweet words of advice I took away from working in the CF nursery. The Lord will perfect what concerns me. Your lovingkindness is everlasting!

To add to a wonderful weekend back home my aunt and maid of honor threw me a bridal shower :). Lots of family and long time friends all in one place to celebrate- it was lovely! In addition, I got to meet my niece for the first time :). She is absolutely precious. Tonight my brother and sister-in-law came over for dinner and we got to spend some quality time together- tiny baby on my shoulder looking into each others eyes- I love her. It's cool to see my brother become a dad and his beautiful wife an incredible mom.

Tomorrow I leave for a graduation trip with Caity- my maid of honor and best friend since the 6th grade. The years go by and I become more and more blessed by our friendship. Her parents are sending us to Riviera Maya, Mexico to celebrate her graduation from Ohio State :). I will have to share some pictures when we get back.

Sincerely Yours (Temporarily from the land of blue crabs),

Leanne




0 comments:

Post a Comment