I feel tired this week. Listening to the radio on my way to work this morning a woman came on and shared that she is a very fast typer, but while she is fast she makes many errors. On the other hand, she went on, God makes no mistakes but he may not always move fast. I know that I am waiting on the Lord right now. I know that he has a job in his plan for my life and I must be patient and wait on him. That doesn't mean waiting is easy- it can really wear down on you.
The majority of my temp job right now is quality control- put the cd in the computer, make sure that it has data on it, the right number of lines, and the right school name. I also monitor worklists to see when they go through- type in a number, hit enter, if it has a check it goes in the check pile if not it goes in the non-check pile. You understand, not very gratifying work. On several days I've spent less than 2 hours working and the other 6 reading books. Without any additional work responsibilities it is hard to go home and feel like I've accomplished much. I continue to put in job applications for real jobs in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City as I work this temporary position, but haven't heard much back lately. I have somehow made it through 4 weeks in my current position and I've learned that patience takes real strength, and trust me this is not of my own. It's something that I'm really struggling with now. I'm here, I know that he hears my prayers and will work it all out for the good, but how much longer? The first two weeks weren't too painful, but it's getting harder and harder. I need to rest in knowing that he will work in his time not my own. When I am feeling tired and wondering how much longer, I need to be patient and trust.
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge" Psalm 62: 5-8
I do know that there is a reason for this time of waiting. Patience, strength, endurance, trust, there are so many things that I can learn through this trial. I'll let you know how it goes. Job or not fall is definitely here: time for pumpkin everything, apple picking, and beautiful leaves; tomorrow is our 2 month anniversary, and this weekend we are babysitting for a family back in Des Moines. There is still so much to be thankful for :)
Yours for now from the land of corn,
Leanne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment